Alright polling time for my viscomm assignment – and yes, this is due tomorrow. It’s not that I’ve started it late so much that I’m horrible and horribly slow at this stuff. Anyway, posting this here instead of my personal journal because the only people who comment here are from Australia.
My project is to overhaul/redesign the visual language with which the company ExportAir is using to communicate to its potential customers, including a redesign of the logo/logotype/brandmark.
Please visit the website http://www.exportair.com.au/
Looking at the logo and the symbol from the logo which is applied repeatedly across the page –
1) What impression does the logo mark/logo type alone give you of the company?
2) Does it seem like an up to date company?
3) Does it seem like a reliable company?
4) Does the impression that you get from the logo fill you with confidence to choose this company to ship your possessions and excess baggage internationally, if you had finished studying in Australia and were looking to relocate back to your home country?
5) Does the logo fill you with confidence that this business has been operating and has more than 24 years experience?
6) Does the logo give you the impression that if your possessions were somehow waylaid during your stressful intercontinental relocation home, that this company would do a good job in tracking them down quickly and fixing any problems?
7) The purple text on the link dot points on the left hand column of the webpage, how do they make you feel?
8) How does it make you feel that the angles of the logo are different from the logo in the top left hand of the page compared with the logo as seen above the map, and that the symbol is now on a different side of the type? Does that seem shifty and inconsistent to you? What feelings does that sort of mad hatter approach inspire within you as a hypothetical potential customer?
9) What colours seem all of the following to you – trustworthy, tenacious, and unfailing to you? Do you believe the colours currently used in the logo or in conjunction with it (for this discussion we’re talking about, the black, grey, red, white and the blue at the top bar) express that to you?
Okay, that’s all thanks, any replies I get to this poll will be much appreciated!